Troubleshooting Checklist: No Heat
If you’re having trouble with your furnace, heat pump or heating system, you can always call our offices for help and service. However, here are a few simple suggestions to try before setting up a service appointment.
- Check to make sure that the thermostat is set in the HEAT position.
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set HIGHER than the current indoor temperature.
- Ensure that there’s power to the furnace:
- Try turning the fan to “ON” on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- If no action, reset the breakers at the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat is showing a blank reading.
- Is there any air coming out of your vents?
- Always make sure you routinely change out your filters as directed to ensure peak performance.
- In addition, check all return air grilles and registers. Make sure they are not blocked by furniture and are open and blowing air.