11 Feb You Should Invest in Preventive HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, you believe you can count on your heating and cooling systems to run efficiently and effectively. Unless you take the necessary steps to ensure proper performance, though, you could be wasting money on energy bills while adding premature wear and tear on your equipment. Preventive HVAC maintenance is a definite for any savvy homeowner looking to protect their investment in a home comfort system. Check out how a preventive maintenance contract could benefit you.
Preventive Maintenance for Heating Systems
Furnace maintenance should ideally occur before you start up your heating system for the season. A professional should:
- Check thermostat settings.
- Clean or change air filter.
- Ensure no signs of corrosion or cracks are evident on the heat exchanger.
- Verify proper ignition on the burner.
- Check all electrical components.
- Inspect for signs of wear on belts.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Verify system operation.
- Inspect vents for leaks or blockages.
Preventive Maintenance for Cooling Systems
A professional should perform A/C maintenance just before the summer cooling season. This maintenance should include:
- Verifying system operation
- Checking controls and safety switches or controls
- Cleaning the condenser coil
- Verifying refrigerant charge
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Inspecting and adjusting belts
- Verifying thermostat settings
- Cleaning and inspecting motors
- Verifying electrical connections
- Checking condensate drain
- Cleaning or changing air filter
The Value of a Professional Preventive Maintenance Contract
Although the idea of putting your hard-earned money in setting up a professional service contract could seem like just another expense to worry about, having such an agreement in place can often be a lifesaver. Not only will annual system checkups boost your home comfort standards, but they will also help to add life to your equipment, reduce monthly energy bills, and help to preserve any warranty coverage that is contingent upon regular maintenance.
Don’t wait another second to set up a preventive HVAC maintenance contract. Reach out to Airtron Heating and Cooling to get started today. We’re happy to serve the home comfort needs of residents of the greater Dallas area.